Schooling from home shouldn't be limited by location. Astrea can help.
How Astrea is supporting students and teachers to stay connected.
The Astrea Distance Learning Assistance Program offers free high-speed cable internet broadband access for K-12, college student and teacher households for 90 days. Application period is limited and ends on Decemeber 31st, 2020.
How do you know if you qualify?
- You have K-12 and college aged students in the home distance learning full or part time or you are a student or teacher distance learning full or part time
- The current internet speeds delivered to your home are less than 50mbps. If you're not sure, submit an application anyway and we can verify that for you.
- Your home must be located within Astrea's cable service area and able to connect without construction related needs. If you're not sure, submit an application anyway and we can verify that for you.
- You are a new customer to Astrea
Astrea helps connect over 60 small communities throughout Wisconsin & the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to family, healthcare, work, education and entertainment while maintaining the lifestyle they love by providing high-speed internet along with TV and Phone services. Astrea has built an extensive infrastructure that offers most communities unprecedented rural internet speed offerings ranging from 50mbps up to 1Gig. Founded in 2007, Astrea is headquartered in Iron Mountain, MI with store locations in Crivitz, WI, and Oconto Falls, WI. To learn more or find service near you, visit astreaconnect.com
For families that have students who are distance learning in some capacity, fill out the application form and one of our agents will follow up with you to discuss service levels and options.
Application period ends on December 31, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
This program includes 90 days of free coax, or cable, internet service. It also includes all the necessary equipment and your installation. This program is not valid for our satellite and fixed wireless internet services or our TV and phone services.
If you choose not to continue on to be an Astrea customer, the equipment must be returned.
Absolutely not. We will reach out to you prior to the end of the free service period. If you would like to disconnect, we will disconnect the service and you will be required to return the equipment.
If you do not return the equipment or the equipment is damaged, a fee will be assessed to you.
That’s okay. Submit an application any way. Once we get in touch with you we should be able to determine how much speed you’re currently receiving.
That’s okay. Submit an application. By checking your address, we’ll be able to determine that very quickly.
You can certainly continue service with us. Prior to the free service period ending, we will reach out to you. At that time, if you choose to continue with us, we’ll discuss all your service options and set up an account for you.
Astrea At a Glance
Applying for your Astrea service is easy.
Our Service Areas
1. Solon Springs
5. Butternut Lake
7. Pelican Lake
9. Summit Lake
10. Post Lake
11. Lake Lucerne
23. Kelly Lake
27. Oconto Falls
32. Fall Creek
37. Junction City
41. Union Center
43. South Byron
48. Crystal Falls
59. Mackinac Island
If you're a current customer and need more speed, we can help.
We are currently waiving all upgrade fees for our current customers. So, if you've found that the additional demands on your bandwidth are causing problems, you can request a speed upgrade easily. Click the button below to get connected with a Product Solutions Advisor.
Program Restrictions and Details
- The program only applies for cable internet service on 50mbps and 100mbps packages. Other internet service products such as Fixed Wireless or Viasat connections do not apply. In addition, TV or phone services are included in this program.
- Valid for new customers only
- Astrea will provide the installation of the service at no charge and the modem equipment. It is expected that the equipment be returned at the end of the 90-day period.
- Astrea has the right to charge for any equipment that is not returned or damaged during this time.
- Scheduling of installation services will be done based on priority and availability.
- Astrea has the right to revoke or extend this programming at any time due to installation constraints or other.